ORACLE: Teachers' Training Program
The ORACLE: Teachers' Training Program is a one or two day teachers'
training program for High School teachers. It is designed to train predominately White
Catholic School faculties on ways to effectively teach Black learners. It engages
teachers in innovative and effective ways of teaching religion.
Goals and Objectives
- The primary goal of the program is to provide a pedagogical model for effective
religious instruction in Catholic High Schools.
The ORACLE: Teachers' Training Program achieves its goals by engaging
participants in five training sessions:
- Understanding of the adolescent stage of development. "Virtue-al Reality"
- Components of Effective Lesson Plans for a Multi-cultural Setting; Inclusive Black
- Doctrinal Teachings - Applicable also to youth life; youth issues
- Hypothetical Situation for clarity of Gospel Values (Scripturally based)
- Designing and Critiquing an ORACLE Lesson Plan
* Teachers evaluate the ORACLE training program.
One of the major features of the ORACLE: Teachers' Training
Program is that it strongly addresses the cultural component of catechesis to African
Return to Home Page