MARANATHA: Teachers' Training Program
The MARANATHA: Teachers' Training Program is a one or two day teachers'
training program for Elementary School teachers. It is designed to train predominately
White Catholic School faculties on ways to effectively teach Black learners. It
engages teachers in innovative and effective ways of teaching religion.
Goals and Objectives
- The primary goal of the program is to provide a pedagogical model for effective
religious instruction in Catholic Elementary Schools.
The MARANATHA: Teachers' Training Program achieves its goals by engaging
participants in five training sessions:
- Black Religious Experience - Both Catholic and Cultural
- Keynote on African and African American History in the Catholic Church
- Components of Effective Lesson Plans for a Multi-cultural Setting; Inclusive of Black
- Teachers Design Lesson Plans
- Critiquing of the ORACLE Lesson Plans
* Teachers evaluate the MARANATHA training program.
One of the major features of the MARANATHA: Teachers' Training
Program is that it strongly addresses the cultural component of catechesis to African
Return to Home Page