"Preaching from the Pew"
"Preaching from the Pew" is a three or four-night Revival
(Mission). It is hosted through a parish. Each night (3 hours per night)
consists of prayer, preaching, Gospel or Church music, scripture,
"spirit-filled" meditations for forgiveness, testimonies and the "laying on
of hands". Added are the Sacrament of Reconciliation (3rd night) and the
Commissioning Rite (4th night). On the fourth night parishioners commit themselves
The Revival would have evangelized the parishioners:
- engaged the faith community in a Spirit-filled, prayer experience of praise,
supplication, thanksgiving, reconciliation and forgiveness.
- enabled the participants to have a personal and communal encounter with Jesus Christ
through the power of the Holy Spirit ever-present among God's praying people.
- enabled participants to receive the Word of God, proclaimed and addressed to their lived
experience as people of God in struggle.
- challenged the participants to a change of heart.
- fostered a growth in faith and re-commitment to Jesus Christ and His Church.
Return to Home Page